Initiated through the University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust reaching out for urgent assistance to address the infamous annual ‘Winter Bed Pressure’ crisis, following a series of critical meetings, the Trust chose to proceed with our associate company ‘Catfoss’ to deliver a semi-permanent 28-bed ward facility in the shortest time possible. This included 4 isolation rooms with en-suite bathrooms.
The 1,100sqm new ward facility was delivered on schedule and received its first patients in just 93 days from the Trust acceptance of the Catfoss proposal.
This scheme is a fine example of how we can offer diverse and innovative solutions through our various delivery partners and options.
- Size – 1,100 sqm, single storey, 30 individual modules with 28 beds
- Scope of Works –
- Project feasibility
- Full planning permissions and building regulations
- Detailed design
- Bespoke manufacture
- Delivery and installation
- Timescales – 19 weeks and opened January 2019
- Build Method – Bespoke steel frame modular construction
Catfoss Ltd contracted with NHS tust to deliver the contract.