Colchester NHS Foundation Trust
Working in partnership with East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust, noviniti delivered a multi-disciplined 1,985sqm two-storey building comprising a new main entrance welcome centre, comprehensive retail facilities, a suite of restrooms on the ground floor. The project also created 1,000sqm of Trust administration on the first floor.
In addition, the scheme included the provision of a new 215sqm critical care unit (CCU) which is an extension to the Emergency Department.
The staff, patient and visitor experience has been substantially enhanced with the introduction of a Costa Coffee, M&S Simply Food, WHSmith and Stock Shop as well as a League of Friends charity shop.
- Size – Main Entrance: 1985sqm including a traditional built link Emergency Department: 215sqm
- Scope of Works –
- Project feasibility
- Full planning permissions and building regulations
- Detailed design
- Bespoke manufacture
- Delivery and installation
- Timescales – 22 weeks and opened February 2020
- Build Method – Bespoke steel frame modular construction